Is your air mattress not enough to squeeze your children anymore? If you want your kid to have a good sleep camping experience, the best possible gear is needed, and in this case, the best kid cot would be a great purchase. That is why today, we’ll be sharing with you everything you need to know about the best kid cots options available.
A camping cot is a must-have when you think about camping and spending time in the great outdoors. These designs keep you comfortable while sleeping by keeping you cool in warm weather and warm in cold weather. Not only will camping cots help you stay comfy, but they will help you make your kid’s camping experience much more enjoyable.
Before making any investments, you’ll want to consider a few things before choosing a kid cot for camping. With many options in the market, it might sound a bit challenging knowing what would be a good choice, but if you want to make sure your kid will be comfortable during camping, the best kid cot is needed. Below we’ll be sharing with you some of the best kid cots currently in the market.
Kid Cots FAQ’s
Is a kid cots worth it?
You may wonder if your child even needs a cot to sleep on while camping. The comfortable bed that a cot offers is beneficial in a few different ways. For one, the Cot will help your keep better regulate your child’s temperature throughout the night. Being elevated off the ground allows better airflow around your child, keeping them more relaxed in the summer and warmer in the winter.
In addition, the polyester fabric design that these cots offer tends to be more comfortable than the hard ground each night. It’s a no-brainer that your kids will rest better on a camping cot than directly on the Earth.
What should you look for in a kid cot for camping?
- Safety: You certainly want to choose a sleeping arrangement for your child that keeps them safe during the night. Look for a sturdy steel frame that supports your kid as they sleep. It’s also important that you opt for a solid fabric to keep them sleeping all night comfortably long.
- Storage: Since you will likely want to store the Cot at night, make sure you choose easy to fold and keep out of the way. This frees up space in your tent to move about during the day. Most of the best camping cots for kids come with a convenient storage bag.
- Extra features: Don’t overlook some special features that can come with kids camping cots. That handy storage bag on the side of the bed is perfect for your kids to store items they may need during the night.
What to keep in mind when choosing a kid cot for camping?
- Choose a cot that matches your kids’ ages, and sizes are of paramount importance. But bear in mind that children grow quickly, so you might want to consider one that can last a couple of years.
- Comfortable, sturdy cots are often heavy. This is a tradeoff that most seasoned campers know, and thus you should pick your gear accordingly.
- If you’re traveling by car, then the weight and packed size of the Cot might not matter that much. You can go for a large cot with a full-metal frame and reliable locking mechanism.
- On the other hand, if you plan to hike or trek, look for a small cot with a carbon fiber frame. This should be a lightweight camping cot that comes in a compact, packable size.
- Camping gear gets dirty, and this is unavoidable. Look for heavy-duty fabric that’s water-resistant and easy to clean.
- Setting up and packing the Cot should be as easy as possible. Luckily, many options take minutes for assembly or disassembly.
REDCAMP Extra Long Kids Cot for Sleeping
REDCAMP kids’ cots for sleeping are durable 600D Oxford fabric and updated 25mm elliptical shape tubes.
The toddler bed offers the best stability with ten sturdy legs and anti-slip feet. It can hold up to 220LBS.
The portable toddler cot for sleeping is perfect for activities indoors and outdoors, like camping, traveling, naptime, vacations, pre-school, playtime. Best for grass, indoor bedroom, living room, any places you need to sleep.
Baby Delight Go with Me Bungalow Deluxe Portable Travel Cot
The Bungalow can be used inside for naptime, playtime, or sleepovers and outside for camping or beach trips.
With its durable indoor/outdoor fabric, the Bungalow is made to weather the outdoor elements and messes since the material can easily be wiped clean.
The locking, sturdy metal frame can support children up to 75lbs, while the surrounding mesh walls provide added security for your little one.
- The frame is made of sturdy metal
- 5 Square Feet
- Removable canopy
- Blocks 98% of UVA & UVB rays
Regalo My Cot Portable Toddler Bed
My Cot child-size portable sleeping cot is super for sleepovers, camping, and daycare. The durable all-steel constructed frame has a reinforced canvas bed liner and washable matching sheet.
This is the perfect Cot for sleepovers, outings, traveling, camping, daycare, or lounging around the house. It is incredibly quick and easy to set up and fold down. It folds down to a fraction of its setup size for complete portability.
It is made with an all-steel frame that is lightweight and will hold up to 75 pounds. Cleans up quickly with a damp cloth and soap. This Cot has a large 48″ L x 24″ W x 9″ H sleep surface with a full canvas sleeping area and includes a fitted sheet for added comfort.
- Sturdy Construction
- Portable and Lightweight
Kamp-Rite Kid Cot with Rain Fly
Modeled around the original tent cot concept, the kid’s tent cot with rainfly is a great addition to family camping gear.
Extremely versatile, the kid’s tent cot protects the Beach from sand and sun, and the “no-see-um” netting on each of the four tent openings offers protection from bothersome insects.
Just like the larger versions of Kamp-Rite tent cots, the kid’s tent cot converts to a lounge chair or sleeping cot in seconds, while the four sturdy support legs provide more excellent stability and entry from all four sides.
- Sets up in minutes for use
- Converts to a lounge chair
Kid-O-Bunk with Organizers, Lime Green
The high-grade polyester sleeping deck provides a true contoured comfort with no middle brace- no mattress required.
The frame is manufactured from anti-rust, powder-coated steel, and each Cot has a weight tolerance of up to 200 LBS.
No tool assembly; all parts are packed and stored in 2 convenient, zippered polyester bags for easy storage and transportation- 2 bags included.
Disney Frozen 2 Foldable Slumber Cot
This slumber folding cot includes an Anna and Elsa design, saying “nature is magical.” This slumber set features adorable graphics from the famous Frozen 2.
The perfect addition to your child’s bedroom or playroom. The design on this slumber set will add a pop of color along with your child’s favorite characters.
The perfect two-piece slumber set that your child will want to take to all places, including their next sleepover. This slumber set includes a convenient carry bag for easy transport. The additional carry bag this comes with won’t make your child forget their slumber cot at their chosen destinations.
- Two-piece slumber set
- Easy care
- Adorable graphics
ARAER Camping Cot
Double-layer 600D Oxford fabric with excellent strength and water resistance, combined with breathability and comfort, the right angle of inclination allows you to have no pillows and no back pain during sleeping.
It also comes with a large storage bag for storing mobile phones, laptops, headphones, and more.
The unique square high-strength 25cm steel tube bracket, triangular structure, and concave-convex symmetry design support weight up to 450 lbs. Suitable for most people, up to 6’8″.
- Comfortable and Durable
- Portable Size
- Widely Used
Are you looking for a gaming cot for adults? Read which tent cot is best in 2022 and the best 2 person camping cot.