Thinking about spending a few days in touch with nature? Then, you may want to make sure your RV is in top conditions and that means having an RV toilet. That is why today we’ll be sharing with you everything you need to know about some of the best RV toilet options available on the market.
Though we have to admit no one wants to think about RV toilets; if you call yourself an avid RVer, then you ought to know that a quality RV toilet is an essential piece of equipment. You certainly do not want to go through one of those public restroom horror stories, on what should be an exciting adventure experience.
Having an RV toilet that’s functional, well-built, and works flawlessly will make every trip more enjoyable and relaxing. With many options in the market, it might sound a bit challenging knowing what would be a good choice, but if what you want is to make sure you have the right camping equipment, keep reading and get to know some of the best RV toilet options.
Best RV Toilet FAQ’s
Why do you need an RV toilet?
- Comfort. If there’s one key benefit to having an RV toilet, it’s the total comfort that having your own bathroom offers. You don’t have to worry about finding restroom facilities while you’re on the road or at a campsite.
- Privacy. You don’t exactly get a ton of privacy in a public restroom; you have to share with everyone else at the rest stop, campsite, or other public destination.
- Convenience. Forget about mapping out public bathrooms at rest stops, campsites, or anywhere else. With your very own RV toilet, you always have a bathroom available for use.
- Clean and secure. If you’ve ever encountered a dirty public bathroom, you know just how wonderful it is to have a clean, secure place to do your business. In your RV bathroom, with your very own toilet, you’ll have cleanliness that’s up to your standards.
- Easy to manage. Think having your own toilet inside your RV is a lot of work? You don’t have to be worried; these bathroom additions are very easy to manage.
- Environmentally friendly. If you’re a camper who wants to make sure you aren’t harming the environment, there are different types of RV toilets that use environmentally friendly processes and servicing products. Some even compost your waste and turn it into usable fertilizer.
What is the best RV toilet?
Experts pick for the best RV toilet is the Dometic 310 Series Standard Height Toilet. Its high-profile design provides a taller seat height, and it can be fitted with a hand sprayer. It’s sturdy, easy to flush, and comes with equipment that makes installation easy.
Can I upgrade my RV toilet?
Some conserve water by offering a dry-flush option or you can purchase a residential toilet. To replace your RV toilet with a residential toilet, you would have to have to replumb the outlet directly to the sewer line connection and replace the RV toilet mounting flange with a standard residential mounting flange.
Can you put a porcelain toilet in an RV?
Yes, there are actually porcelain RV toilet designs. While some RVs come with one, it’s often an upgrade. You can also install a porcelain toilet after purchasing your RV. Just keep in mind that porcelain is heavy.
Can u put a regular toilet in an RV?
No, you cannot put a regular toilet into an RV. First off, the construction is not meant to be rattled down the road, they use a lot more water, and they will use up lots of black water tank storage due to more water being used.
Are Thetford toilets good?
The Thetford Porta Potti 365 Toilet may be the gold standard against most avid RVers measure all other portable camping toilets. Its large size makes it comfortable to use, plus its lightweight makes it easy to transport. However, it’s the various features related to waste disposal that make it stand out.
How often do you need to empty a motorhome toilet?
Cleaning the cassette toilet is not the most fun part of traveling, but as the saying goes, someone has to do it. It’s important to clean the cassette toilet to prevent or get rid of unpleasant odors and leaks. You should empty the cassette toilet as often as possible, at least once every 2 days.
Is there toilet paper designed especially for RV use?
Yes. If you don’t use the proper toilet paper, you can clog your tank. The best kind of RV toilet paper disintegrates quickly in water. Some popular brands include Charmin Ultra Soft and Angel Soft. Look for brands marked “septic safe.”
What to know about an RV toilet?
- The amount of water you use to flush the toilet depends on how long you choose to flush it. In general, it should just take a couple of seconds to wash waste down the drain.
- With a composting toilet, you can dry the solids area more quickly by using sphagnum peat moss or coconut coir. You also need to turn an agitator every time you use it. Liquids can be flushed down a toilet or septic tank.
- Sludge will start to form if you don’t change the tank frequently enough on a composting toilet. As a result, it is less than ideal for more than three people to use this type of toilet in a recreational vehicle.
- To prevent your toilet from smelling like urine, keep the urine hole or tube clean.
- The more people you have in the RV, the more often you will need to empty your water and waste tanks.
- Usually, RV toilets become clogged due to toilet paper. The first thing you should do is open the valve and pour hot water inside it.
Best RV Toilet
Award-winning, top-of-the-line portable toilet, suited for RVs, boats, trucks, vans, healthcare, camping, and even off-the-grid lifestyle
Sleek, modern, and homelike look, Porta Potti Curve comes with a comfortable seat height, increased bowl size, and battery-powered flush.
It is easy to use and clean; it is also odorless and leakproof, the portable toilet has a sealed valve to prevent odors from escaping and a rotating pour-out spout for emptying the wastewater tank without backsplashes.
- Odorless and leakproof
Camco’s 5.3-gallon portable toilet is designed for camping, RVing, boating, or any other recreational activity.
It is also great as an emergency option on long car rides. Its sturdy polyethylene construction is compact and lightweight. It weighs only 11.5 lb. empty but supports up to 330 lb.
The top half flush tank holds 2.5 gallons of fresh water and has a toilet with a lid, seat, and bowl. On the top of the toilet, there is a cap that can be removed to fill the flush tank with clean water.
- 5.3-gallon waste tank capacity
- Durable polyethylene construction
Dometic 310 Series- Best In-class gravity flush. 100 percent vitreous ceramic bowl. 360 degrees vortex flush pattern.
Powerful swirl-jet cleaning action. Lightweight. Long, full-sized adult seat. Tall, ergonomic seat height- 18 inches.
Easily accessible water line connection. Two-bolt installation. Optional hand spray. Low-maintenance, reliable operation.
- True, 100% bowl coverage
- Powerflush, swirl-jet bowl rinse action ensures a cleaner rinse
- Comfortable ergonomic seat height
Aqua Magic V pedal flush is the RV toilet that can be installed in any recreational vehicle that accepts a permanent installation, has a classic design, and has a 17-1/2-inches seating height.
Made of plastic, Aqua-Magic V is a lightweight, easy-to-use, and install RV toilet, that will last you for a long time.
The textured lid is designed to shed water and resist scuffs, while the foot flush acts as a dual system: pressing the pedal halfway adds water to the bowl while pressing it all the way opens the valve and flushes the toilet.
- Lightweight And Strong
- 2-in-1 Flush System
- Designed For The Road
Aqua-Magic Bravura is a stylish, comfortable, and lightweight toilet, suited for all RV types.
The toilet uses a single-pedal system; pressing the pedal halfway adds water to the bowl while pressing the pedal all the way flushes, giving 100% bowl coverage flush.
Bravura comes with an easy-off seat and cover pod for easy and fast cleaning or service. The front shroud pulls off for easy access to mounting bolts and pedal mechanism.
- Single-pedal flush
- Easy-off seat and cover pod